2023 Prince and Princess Program
“Mentoring Today's Children to Become Leaders of Tomorrow”
The RI Princess & Prince Program is designed to introduce children, ages 5 through 12 years of age, to the Miss Rhode Island and Outstanding Teen Programs. It allows them to work closely with the Rhode Island candidates who, through their many community service opportunities, serve as Princess and Prince role models and mentors for the year. The Princess and Prince program encourages the participating children to be the best person they can be, have fun, pursue their dreams, and provides them a positive introduction to the amazing and talented Miss Rhode Island and Outstanding Teen candidates. Ultimately, the Princess and Prince Program is a fundraising endeavor to increase scholarship awards for our candidates who are striving to reach their educational goals.
Prince and princesses get to participate in the opening number of the Miss Rhode Island and Miss RI Outstanding Teen Competition, as well as additional appearances through out the show. They also get the opportunity to attend workshops and other appearances throughout the year.
1) Miss Rhode Island candidates can select the young ladies or gentlemen that they wish to have as their Princesses/Princes. Each Miss Rhode Island and Teen Candidate will be required to have at least one Princess/Prince and are encouraged to have more. These Princesses/Princes should be selected immediately so that the candidate can begin mentoring them well before this year’s competitions.
2) We will also accept applications, at-large, and match Princesses/Princes with Candidates. This allows families to register a child without being asked by a candidate. ***The deadline for applications for any Princess/Prince is February 10, 2023, if they wish to participate in the coronation ceremony on March 5, 2023. Further applications will be accepted until March 31, 2023.
For more information please feel free to reach out to Princess Director
Prince and Princess Events
● Coronation Ceremony: March 5 at 1:00 pm (The Event Factory) at The Miss RI Scholarship Program Cabaret: Princesses/Princes will receive their sashes and tiaras/crowns from their candidates on stage.
● Optional: Participation in the Miss RI Scholarship Program Cabaret on March 5: at 1:00 pm at The Event Factory. Princesses/Princes may perform an act of their choice.
● Participate in the Miss RI competition (May 23, 2023, with a dress rehearsal on May 22, 2023) at the Historical Park Theatre and Miss RI Outstanding Teen competition (June 25, 2023) at The Event Factory with their candidates.
● Optional: Participation in the opening number for the competition. There will be 2 rehearsals for this in the spring. They are usually on Sunday afternoons for 1 -1 ½ hours). Dates TBA. This is optional and children must be present at both rehearsals to be in this number.
Miss Rhode Island Princess/Prince Ofﬁcial Application Details
* New Princesses/Princes-$250 registration fee
* Returning Princesses/Princes-$200 registration fee
Included in the Registration Fee:
• Ofﬁcial Princess Crown & Sash (for new participants)
• Princess/Prince t-shirt for the opening number
• Appearance on stage at the Miss RI & Miss RI’s Outstanding Teen competition in production numbers. Princesses/Princes must be present for rehearsals. Dates: Miss RI competition: May 23, 2023, and Miss RI Outstanding Teen June 2023 Date: TBA
• Princesses/ Princes are invited to all events throughout the year until the next competition season
• Recognition in the Commemorative Miss Rhode Island Scholarship Program Book